Effective Date: April 19, 2019
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of VlogBox and/or the Site:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically when you use VlogBox and/or the Site; and
- Data we collect from our partners.
Data we collect for our analytics:
- Device info including, but not limited to the device model and IP address;
- UI activity events (e.g. clicked on active buttons/ elements of the Site).
Information You Provide to Us
When you register with, access, or use VlogBox and/or the Site, we may ask you to provide information (a) by which you may be personally identified, such as name, email address, or any other personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law (“personal information“), and/or (b) that is about you but individually does not identify you.
This information includes, without limitation:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on VlogBox and/or the Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use or access VlogBox and/or the Site. We may also ask you for information when you interact with us (such as when responding to notices and announcements from us), and when you report a problem with VlogBox and/or the Site or otherwise correspond with us;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- Details of transactions you carry out through VlogBox and/or the Site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
Web Beacons. Parts of VlogBox and/or the Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related VlogBox and/or Site statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain VlogBox and/or Site content, features, functionality, and services, and verifying system and server integrity).
Data We Collect From Our Partners
We also collect the following data from our partners:
- Location data (such as to determine the coarse location of your IP address);
- Data for analytics purposes, so we can provide you with better services.
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use or access VlogBox Site or its/their content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your Device, or you may otherwise be accessing and using third-party platforms, software, and applications.
Why Do We Collect Your Data
1) To make VlogBox and/or the Site work.
2) To perform the contract, we process data necessary to:
- Create Accounts and allow you to use VlogBox, access its contents, features, functionality, and services, and to access or use the Site;
- Operate our services;
- At our discretion, provide and deliver products, services, and any other information you reasonably request;
- Send you VlogBox- and/or Site-related communications, such as when updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide through VlogBox and/or the Site;
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information;
- Give you notices about your Account; and
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To make VlogBox and/or the Site more suitable for our users.
To provide a great application and/or Site to our users, we have a legitimate interest to collect and process necessary data to:
- Update and develop user profiles;
- Develop and improve VlogBox and/or the Site and user experience;
- Manage our relationship with you;
- Provide social features as part of VlogBox and/or the Site;
- Customize VlogBox and/or the Site experience according to your individual interests, such as through storing information about your preferences and recognizing you when you use or access VlogBox and/or the Site;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide user support;
- Provide you offers in VlogBox and/or the Site as well as in other websites and services, and by email;
- Send you related information, such as updates, security alerts, and support messages;
- Speed up your searches.
- To analyze, profile, and segment.
In all of the above cases and purposes, we may analyze, profile, and segment all collected data, including for the purpose of estimating our audience size and usage patterns.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
We maintain our commitment to protect the privacy of our users and abide by the legislation of all regions we operate. We are willing to deliver the best experience to our end-users.
Considering of the above, personal data (if any) of our users is processed under the “purposes of legitimate interests” as outlined in GDPR Article 6(1)(f). Such an approach also helps us to fight against fraud and reimburse our contractors and agents.
General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, is a European Union law governing privacy and data protection for all residents of the EU. The provisions of GDPR can be also applied to how data is processed and verified (more on that later) outside the European Union.
GDPR is a new set of rules intended to empower the citizens of the European Union to control their personal information. In accordance with the applicable laws, users are authorized to access and modify their own data held by the companies, which includes data collection, ad tracking, surveys, cookies, location data, and every other bit of a user’s “digital footprint”. Users are also entitled to transmit their personal details to other organizations. The GDPR also enforces companies to determine their in-house data security policies.
We have assigned a Data Protection Officer (you may reach him via email@example.com)
EU Representative – according to Art. 27 GDPR:
represented by Prof. Dr. Christoph Bauer
Große Bleichen 21
Requests and removal of the data
You (data subject) may send official requests to us via email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
At any time, you have the right:
- To access your personal information that we hold;
- To request the rectification of your personal information that we hold;
- To request the erasure of your personal information that we hold;
- To request to restrict processing of your personal information;
- To object to processing of your personal information by us;
- To request to transfer your personal information that we hold (e.g. data portability);
- To file a complaint to a supervisory authority in your jurisdiction; and
- To withdraw any consent related to your personal information given by you.
Your request will be observed within a 30-day period from the initial request receipt. We will also notify a relevant supervisory authority within 72 hours from a breach in a case of such breach related to your personal information that we hold.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To a buyer, investor, or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of VlogBox’s assets or stock, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by VlogBox, Inc. about the VlogBox and/or the Site users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, including in order to combat fraud and illegal activity;
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of VlogBox, Inc., our customers, users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through VlogBox and/or the Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
International Data Transfers
See our Privacy Shield disclosure, below, for information on VlogBox’s transfer of personal information from the EU and Switzerland to the United States.
Your Rights And Options
You have the right to opt-out of marketing emails and other direct marketing (if any);
Access the personal data we hold about you. If you request, we will provide you a copy of your personal data in an electronic format; and
You also have the right to correct your data, have your data deleted, object to how we use or share your data, and restrict how we use or share your data. You can withdraw your consent, for example by turning off cookies in your browser settings. We will respond to all requests within a reasonable timeframe. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please let us know. You may also contact your local data protection authority within the European Economic Area for unresolved complaints.
All these rights may be fulfilled by you simply via sending us an email with the relevant request to email@example.com
Please note that the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is attempting to develop a Do Not Track (DNT) standard. Currently, the standards regarding the DNT signals and appropriate responses are not defined. Accordingly, we do not assign a meaning to DNT signals.
We retain your data for as long as your Account is active or unless you request us to delete your data. Note that if you ask us to remove your personal data, we may retain your data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
We process and for about 6 months store the pseudonymized data on the cloud servers with all necessary means and measures of data protection, let alone special requirement provided by GDPR (fraud, legal claim, etc.). Other than that, all personal data is deleted once the 6-month period is over.
For EU and Swiss Individuals: Privacy Shield
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, VlogBox is subject to the regulatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, EU and Swiss individuals have the right to obtain our confirmation of whether we maintain personal information relating to you in the United States. Upon request, we will provide you with access to the personal information that we hold about you. You may also correct, amend, or delete the personal information we hold about you. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data transferred to the United States under Privacy Shield, should direct their query to firstname.lastname@example.org. If requested to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
We will provide an individual opt-out choice, or opt-in for sensitive data, before we share your data with third parties other than our agents, or before we use it for a purpose other than which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized. To request to limit the use and disclosure of your personal information, please submit a written request to email@example.com.
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
VlogBox’s accountability for personal data that it receives in the United States under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party is described in the Privacy Shield Principles. In particular, VlogBox remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if third-party agents that it engages to process personal data on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless VlogBox proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, VlogBox commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information transferred to the United States pursuant to Privacy Shield. European Union and Swiss individuals with Privacy Shield inquiries or complaints should first contact VlogBox by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VlogBox has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit http://www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
If your Privacy Shield complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Privacy Shield Annex 1 at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal data about or direct or target interest-based advertising to anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to use or access VlogBox and/or the Site. If you are under 18, please do not send any data about yourself to us, including your name, address, or email address. No one under the age of 18 may provide any personal data. If we learn that we have collected personal data about a child under age 18, we will delete that data as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any data from or about a child under the age of 18, please contact us.
If you have any requests for resolving issues (other than issues related to data protection) we encourage you to contact us through email@example.com