The author’s opinion does not necessarily reflect the editorial staff’s views
AI in business and everyday life
In today’s world, many aspects of our lives are being impacted by AI. As things are going, It’s expected for the global AI market to reach 1,581.70 billion by 2030.
Examples of the everyday use of AI in modern life include voice assistants and lock screens on our phones, and many other things that we don’t even notice. Even though the human touch is usually essential, no one can dispute the fact that AI can get high-quality work done.
Have you at some point in your life struggled to create the perfect video?
It’s a challenging task, considering that even five-minute footage can take up to five hours of editing. We now have AI-based video editors that are set to ease the video editing process.
But how does AI impact video creation? What can we expect in the future and will video editing become completely automated?
Let’s dive in and find out!
AI in video editing
AI video editing is still in its infancy, but it is becoming more common and has the potential to entirely change the way we create videos. However, video editing itself is considered to be a time-consuming and expensive process.
That’s precisely why AI is so useful. It’s able to automate the process and speed things up while keeping costs down. Some examples include:
1. Stabilizing the video
By shooting a video manually, you might have to deal with camera shakes and jitters. With AI, this shakiness becomes a thing of the past. AI video editing software uses algorithms to improve video quality and stability.
2. Color correction
Have you ever shot a video and been surprised at how it turned out? The colors aren’t the same and you didn’t achieve the effect you wanted? Color correction editors balance the colors in your video and bring out clarity.
3. Audio and sound editing
You may stumble upon unwanted background noise, which ruins your video. With AI video editors you don’t have to worry anymore. Background noise can be smoothly removed and you can even add new sounds and voices.
Apart from this, converting an audio file into a text file is now also possible and can be done within minutes. These kinds of editors support different languages, formats, and subtitles making the job more flexible.
4. Image upscaling
Upscaling is a process of fitting lower-resolution videos onto displays supporting larger resolutions without losing the quality. You can upscale your videos up to 1080p, 4K, or 8K.
AI video enhancers are more aware of context. AI upscaling involves producing new pixels and adding new details, which significantly improves the final product and ensures you avoid blurriness.
5. Visual effects
VFX (visual effects) are becoming more and more popular. Machine and deep learning algorithms are leading to significant AI developments in VFX. The film industry is striving to produce movies by manipulating existing live-action shots to cater to audience demand with a high quality VFX example of this being Avatar: Endgame.
All of these examples raise the question of whether there will be the need for professional editors in the future.
AI editing vs human editing
To some extent, AI video editing is more efficient than human editing because it can automatically organize the footage. However, this doesn’t mean that humans aren’t needed anymore, as AI is still a long way from entirely replacing editors. As Rodney Brooks once said: ‘’Artificial intelligence is a tool, not a threat’’.
Moreover, creativity is one thing humans possess which is hard to replace. Even in video creation, a person would be driven by thoughts and feelings embedded in the video, rather than hollow perfection.
We can say that artificial and human intelligence complement each other. You’re the one who brings ideas to the table and AI helps you realize them.
Pros and cons of AI video editing
AI video editing has a number of benefits, but there are some downsides also worth mentioning.
Let’s examine what the pros and cons of AI video editing are:
- Being able to create a high-quality video in just a matter of minutes. An automated video editing tool can speed up the process of editing. While doing things manually can also bring great results, AI video editing is more efficient thanks to automated tasks. AI-based video editors offer already-created templates to choose from, so you won’t have to spend time creating them yourself.
- Various features. AI video editing tools offer you a great number of filters and options. Having the option to choose from various transitions, PiP effects, and zoom features, can undoubtedly help you to achieve the results you want.
- Automatic adjustments. AI algorithms are not perfect, but are programmed in a way to learn from their mistakes — they’re always improving with time. They always learn from your input and are making adjustments based on what they’ve learned.
- Cheaper option. Hiring an experienced editor is costly. If you don’t have sufficient funds to do this, you can always turn to automated services.
- Can create targeted messages. Some editors support facial recognition and can easily reach out to your targeted audience, by creating targeted messages.
- Team collaboration. You know what they say: ‘’Two heads are better than one’’. Some AI video editors offer you team collaboration tools so you can share your work with your collaborators. It’s possible to even work on it together for more effective results.
- Limited creativity. Even though you have countless tools and templates to choose from, it can sometimes not be enough. You may have an idea of how you want your video to look, but the AI video editor cannot always fulfill your wishes. You’ll have to settle for an already listed option.
- Hard to understand. You still need to take time to understand how an AI video editor works. Some processes might be complicated and difficulties in understanding them can arise.
- Doesn’t create videos from scratch. Just to be clear, AI can do wonders, but it can’t create content from zero. You have to provide data in order to get results.
Despite there being a risk factor, the advantages of AI video editing outweigh the disadvantages. It’s a great way to save time and money and that’s what matters in this fast-paced world.
AI in video marketing
These days, digital marketing is the key to a product or service gaining popularity. Considering the fact that people are using the internet as a source for basically every piece of information, advertising your brand on social media is a must. Learning to advertise your product or company should be your main goal, and engaging video can help with that tremendously.
But whether you’re a beginner or a professional, creating and editing a top-notch video can be demanding. So, businesses have opted to use AI not only to edit video material for a future commercial, but also to gather information on potential viewers. 64% of B2B marketers have stated that AI is valuable in their marketing strategy, as it helps them gather insights from media viewing habits to better understand customers’ opinions and interests. By analyzing customer behavior, you have a higher chance of developing a better and more personalized product or service.
Is AI video editing a good idea?
It seems like AI video creation is becoming more popular. It has shown to be useful until now, but we can never really know what to expect — the future is unpredictable! One thing is certain though, people have started to adapt to advanced technology and use it to their advantage.
You may have trouble deciding what’s best for your content. You’re maybe having a creative block. Well, if you’re up for some creative enlightenment, let AI video editing help you by giving recommendations and simplifying the whole process. Creating a professional-looking video has never been easier!
Things are moving quickly and we have to adapt to changes. That’s why it’s better to embrace these developments in video editing. It can really help businesses improve workflows, time management, and customer relations.